This ASQ Six Sigma Yellow Belt Study Guide lists all key concepts (and links to learn more) for the ASQ Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification.
From ASQ Yellow Belt BOK.
BoK Area I
BoK Area II
- Will understand project stakeholders and the definition of SIPOC.
- Will be able to perform basic project management practices to define project goals.
- Will understand VOC and CTQ with respect to project selection and related influence of stakeholders.
- Good understanding of project charter, key communications, and tollgate reviews.
- Will understand project planning, documenting and reporting, and selection of project tools in each phase.
BoK Area III
Will be able to apply basic statistics and calculations (mean, median mode, identification, and calculating).
Will understand the significance of data integrity and be familiar with and able to identify MSA terminology.
BoK Area IV
- Define how 5S can be used to eliminate waste.
- Describe and distinguish between common and special cause variation.
- Will have a fundamental understanding of root cause analysis (RCA).
- Will be familiar with and able to identify failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) terminology and process analysis tools.
- Basic understanding of probability and statistical tests (hypothesis testing, etc.) and how it will relate to understanding a process.
BoK Area V
- Will understand and have basic awareness of key improvement techniques such as PDCA cycle, and control tools for project conclusion and sustainment.
- Will be able to explain how a basic control chart works.
- Understand the importance of improvement control and related documentation.