What are Business Processes?
Describe the relationship among various business processes (design, production, purchasing, accounting, sales, etc.) and the impact these relationships can have on business systems. (Understand)
What is Business Process Management?
Business Process Management is a way to understand, control, and improve and organization’s processes to deliver value to stakeholders. This is a key concept of Six Sigma. You want to use systematic methods to create the best possible business results instead of improving local components. (Optimize the whole.)
Deming Customer Model:
- Process inputs, controls, outputs are each interdependent.
- Statistical models can be used to control and guide these inputs.
- Process feedback can be used to redesign existing systems and make them better.
Juran Measures Quality:
- Effectiveness: How well the output meets the customer’s needs.
- Efficiency: the ability to be effective at the least cost.
- Adaptability: How well you can be effective and efficient in the face of change.