Business Process Management is a way to understand, control, and improve and organization’s processes to deliver value to stakeholders. This is a key concept of Six Sigma. You want to use systematic methods to create the best possible business results instead of improving local components. (Optimize the whole.)
Deming Customer Model:
- Process inputs, controls, outputs are each interdependent.
- Statistical models can be used to control and guide these inputs.
- Process feedback can be used to redesign existing systems and make them better.
Juran Measures Quality:
- Effectiveness: How well the output meets the customer’s needs.
- Efficiency: the ability to be effective at the least cost.
- Adaptability: How well you can be effective and efficient in the face of change.