Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ant3041
      Participant

Basic Green Belt Study Guide (Free)

I am studying sixth sigma and have assignment team selection. I have spent the last two days searching for examples with employee’s job they have and what they were selected for? For the life of me cannot find one example. Does anyone know where I could find example?

Thank You
      Anthony Smith

Ted Hessing
      Keymaster

Six Sigma Study Guide Support

Hi Anthony, I’d love to help but am having a hard time understanding what you are looking for. Could you elaborate?

ant3041
      Participant

Basic Green Belt Study Guide (Free)

Yes I have been given an assignment that has employees sponsor etc and I am supposed to assign diffrent positions on the matrix that would assign each team member. I was wondering doesw anybody have examples or would be willing to help me?

Thank You
      Anthony Smith

Ted Hessing
      Keymaster

Six Sigma Study Guide Support

Hi Anthony,

Each project is different. There are some basic Six Sigma roles (Sponsor, Champion, Black Belt, Green Belt) but the people who do the work are based on the project itself.

You have a sponsor. Great! Do you have the start of a project charter? If not, start one. That will give you insight to who you need on your team. Inside the charter you should have a business case and other sections that will reveal what process you are working on for your company. That process should have a process owner – someone who has the final say in that area. Some times that is the sponsor, some times it is not.

Once you have the process you are working on defined, you’ll state the business need for the project. That means you may need some Subject Matter Experts in that area. Depending on the project you may also need representation from various groups (Engineering, Marketing, Operations, HR – again, it’s highly dependent upon your type of project. Check out the Stake Holder analysis page for more on decomposing that group.

I’ve listed a few other roles you might need on your project and what they do on the Six Sigma Teams page. (That page is in big need of an update.)

Does this help you get started?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.