How I Practiced for my Six Sigma Exams
When I was studying for my Six Sigma Green Belt exam years ago (before there was a lot of six sigma practice exam material on the internet), I didn’t have the benefit of six sigma practice exams and that made life much harder than it needed to be.
Why I Collected Free Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Practice Exams
For my first Black Belt exam (Villanova) I still couldn’t find a decent practice test but I was able to use the quizzes in my training courses to simulate the experience. They warned me that there was more to the certifying exam than they had put in their course! So no matter how well I did on the quizzes or learned their material, there was going to be more topics that I had to be exposed to.
There were only 2 options; gather free six sigma practice exams and buy them.
The Problems with Free Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Practice Exams
So I collected a large list of free practice questions. But that didn’t really help:
- There are no explanations of why something was right or wrong. Sometimes I really, really thought that my answer was right and the one they put out was wrong.
- It’s really hard to find practice exams that cover all of the topics you need to pass your exams.
The Problems with Six Sigma Green Belt and Black Belt Practice Exams for Sale
For my second Black Belt certification- the ASQ I used practice questions and a cd-based desktop software and that worked OK. There were still a few issues:
- It was expensive
- The questions were not well-written.
- There was very little in the way of what was written of why a question was right or wrong.
- They wanted me to pay even more for access to materials that explained!
- No integration between what I was learning for a test and what I was practicing in real-life.
- That lack of context made memorizing difficult.
- Every study pack was geared towards one exam or another – while they all have at least 85% overlap!
- Why was I having to buy brand new guides for every kind of certification? (ASQ, IASSC, Villanova, etc?)
- The software was only useful when I was at home using a desktop.
- Who uses cds anymore? I don’t even have a computer with a CD or DVD player.
- I wasn’t allowed to install software on my work computer.
- Who gets downtime to study at home? I traveled a ton and all of my downtime was on airplanes, trains, and while waiting for other things. I needed a mobile solution that I could access anywhere.
Free On-line Six Sigma Practice Exams
Eventually, I passed the exam and I turned my focus to helping other people pass. And I built free software that fixed all of those problems. Register or Login here to get started with free online practice exams.
Free Downloadable Six Sigma Practice Exams
Still, I get a lot of questions on free materials so I’ve posted my list of Six Sigma practice exams that I found online. It’s available in the free membership here. Just select which one you want, Green Belt or Black Belt.
In case you’d like more info, here you go.
The Best Free On-line Six Sigma Practice Exams
My mission here at SixSigmaStudyGuide.com is to help more people pass their exams. That’s it. Plain and simple. Other companies count sales of books or training classes. I count the number of people whom this site helps pass a six sigma exam.
Over the years I’ve found three determining factors of those who pass and those who do not:
- People who pass try to teach the material. Doesn’t matter if this is 1:1 with you and a colleague or if you write articles for publication or if you lead a full class. Teaching is a great way to learn.
- People who pass apply the material. The concepts in the Body of Knowledge your exam tests can’t just remain static, you have to try to apply them to your profession and your daily life.
- People who pass practice a lot of example test questions. You need the repetition. You need to be familiar with various question types. Above all else, you not only need to know the right answer to questions, you need to know why the other options are wrong. That’s what today’s announcement is all about.
I’ve built a free on-line test tool to help
Study on any device, anywhere. Have a few minutes on your commute? Dive in.
Saves and reports your answers.
Automatic grading shows your comprehension of the materials. You can download and print a copy of your results along with specific study material.
Analyzes your biggest problem areas.
The system automatically grades the whole exam AND each individual topic. This helps you prioritize what areas you need the most help on.
Explains in detail why each answer is correct or why it is not.
Many six sigma certification exams offer very similar answers and it is up to you to pick the answer that is the “most correct.” Often those choices are dependent upon subtle differences. I explain not only each correct answer, but each option available.
Provides recommendations on what to review.
Understanding a topic requires more than just googling the terms in the question. These questions often depend on context from broader concepts. The system provides links to the specific concepts you need to know in the over 400 free articles on this site.
Provides a way to drill into specific problem-area topics.
What if you only want to study a certain topic? There are shorter exams for each BOK topic. For example, if you are weak in the DMAIC Measure phase, call up the Measure-only exam and work questions in that section.
How to Get Started
Log in or Create your Free Account
Select the Exam You Want to Practice
Take the Practice Exam
Results are Sorted by Section
Prioritize the areas you need the most help with.
Review Your Scores
Each question is reviewed along with an explanation of the answer and links to extensive free articles about that topic so you can bookmark them for study.
Take the Practice Exams as Often as You Like
I suggest studying until you get at least a 90% passing grade.
You Can Even Download a PDF of the Answers, Explanations, and Results!
Use this as a study guide! Register or Login here to get started with the free online practice exams.
You Can Also Take Quizzes by Section
Really sharpen your understanding of each section by focusing section-by-section!
Taking quizzes by section:
- Helps you focus on the sections that you need the most help with.
- By focusing on a single section at a time, you have a much better chance at mastering it.
- Once you have mastered one section, move to the next!
Have Additional Questions?
There’s a free forum that you can post any questions you have.
Free study groups are forming there now!
Are any of the articles not clear? Could they be better?
Just leave a comment on that page and I’ll make an improvement!
Just want to reach out?
Send an email anytime. I’d love to connect with you.
Tell me about whatever you are struggling with. I’ll do my best to help out!
SixSigmaStudyGuide.com offers plenty of free resources to help you in your Six Sigma Journey:
–Real-life application of Six Sigma principles.
–Thought-pieces by real-world practitioners that get the material out of the text books and into a real-world setting.
–Practical career tips that almost no one uses, but are incredibly effective!
Come click around!