Six Sigma Certification Questions

Learn. Study. Pass. Apply. Forums Six Sigma Study Guide Forum Six Sigma Certification Questions

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Six Sigma Study Guide 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Ted Six Sigma Study Guide
    Keymaster

Free Basic

Have questions or comments on how to prepare for your Six Sigma certification? Ask them here.

Reynaldo Torres
    Participant

Free Basic

I missed the cut of for CSSGB date so I decided to just take Villanova exam. What questions do i expect to see in Villanova Certification exam for Black belt? are those similar to ASQ exam questions?

Thanks,
    Rey

Ted Six Sigma Study Guide
    Keymaster

Free Basic

Hi Rey,

Conceptually I found there to be about 60% overlap between the ASQ and Villanova exams. The difference is that Villanova references guest speakers a lot.

In my opinion the ASQ questions were much harder logically but the Villanova questions required you to remember exactly what was in their materials.

I prepared for the Villanova by re-taking all of the quizzes they had in their course. Also, you have to make sure to read up on all of the notes from their weekly recitations. The instructors often gave different spin on topics than the videos did. Also, the instructors had extra questions and problem sets and external reference books that were not covered in the video lectures.

If you ‘re interested in how I approached the Villanova exam, see this article here.

John Houser
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi,
    I have a Question from the sample ASQ PDF Exam on the site. Question 25:

For a process, Xbar = 35.0 and σ = 5.00. If the subgroup
    size is n = 5, what is the value for the upper control limit
    for the process?

What do we use to solve this?

John Houser
      Participant

Free Basic

Nevermind.

I found the answer on your website: http://www.sixsigmastudyguide.com/control-chart/

UCL = mean + 3 * [ sigma / sqrt(n) ]
      UCL = 35 + 3 * [ 5.00 / sqrt(5) ]
      UCL = 41.71

What is strange, is that this formula is not on the IASSC reference document. Hmmm….

John Houser
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi,

One more question from the sample ASQ exam from the site. Question 31:

When σ = 10, what sample size is needed to specify a
    95% confidence interval of ±3 units from the mean?

What do we use to solve this?

I am studying for the IASSC exam, and this ASQ exam was under the black belt practice exams. Hopefully this is the type of question on the IASSC exam too.

Thank you,
    John

Reynaldo Torres
    Participant

Free Basic

let me guess:

n=(Z*sigma/3)^2
    n=(1.96*10/3)^2
    n= (19.6/3)^2
    n= 6.5 or 7 sample size

John Houser
      Participant

Free Basic

ASQ sample says the answer is 43, not 7.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reynaldo Torres
    Participant

Free Basic

Yes it is 42.6 or 43
    My mistake not paying attention to detail.
    i forgot to multiply ^2
    =(19.6/3)^2
    =6.5^2
    =42.6

great catch.

Swarnima
    Participant

Free Basic

Where do I get the six sigma green belt practice exam questions?

Rudi
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi Ted,
    I am an Industrial Engineer by profession so a lot of the 6 Sigma concepts are quite familiar to me though I am very rusty in terms of the BOK.
    I noticed reading this forum that there are three organisations that offer certification IASSC, ASQ and Villanova, maybe more?.
    Does it make any difference which organisation I sit for the black belt exam?.
    Secondly, I would like to study all concepts again, how can I get a pdf of the study guide and where could I please get exercises to practice apart from the exam samples?
    Many thanks
    Rudi
    Sydney, Australia

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments on this entry are closed.