Introductions

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  John Houser 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

Ted Six Sigma Study Guide
    Keymaster

Free Basic

Introduce yourself! There’s a lively community here on Six Sigma Study Guide. Spend a few minutes and introduce yourself. Tell us about your Six Sigma journey, what you’re working on now, and what you could use help with!

Nandini Setia
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi I am a physician trying to self study for the IASSC green belt due to the flexibility of test taking times (24/7 at home) during residency. I don’t really know where to start! Stumbling upon this site was a great help, and it seems to be the only resource out there. Are there any youtube videos/tutorials out there that you recommend to get started?

Keymaster

Free Basic

Hi. Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck studying! There are plenty of training courses out there (Villanova, MoreSteam, ASQ’s options, etc) However, each of them are quite costly. You might find some basics for low prices on Udemy, but the quality there seems poor at best. Khan academy has several great concept videos, especially in the statistical space but they do not have a curated list.

Creating such a series of tutorials on this site is an often-requested feature but there are other more pressing needs I need to address before diving in there.

This site started as a reference / study notes section for my personal use. It has grown since then, but as teaching wasn’t the primary mission, I don’t have a complete ready-made option for you. However, I think I can help:

1) Go to the IASSC Green Belt Study Guide here. I’ve linked each concept in their BOK to the articles I’ve written. You should get a great understanding reading though those. For anything that is unclear, just leave a comment at the bottom of that page and I’ll get back to you. Many pages do have videos embedded in them.

2) Consider the resources that I’ve listed on this page to ground the necessary context.

Hope that helps and best of luck!

Nandini Setia
    Participant

Free Basic

Thank you so much! FYI I was doing some research and there is a free EDX course starting June 15th, I’m not sure if youve already posted that somewhere, but I know your site is quite visible on search engines. That doesn’t fit into my timeline, but maybe it will help someone else.

https://www.edx.org/course/quality-engineering-management-tumx-qemx-0

ant3041
    Participant

Free Basic

Hello my name is Anthony Smith I am currently studying for my Black Belt

Keymaster

Free Basic

Great, Anthony! Can you tell me what organization you are looking to certify with and when your exam is?

leonle2000
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi,
    My name is Andy and I am currently studying for my Black Belt at Villanova.

John Houser
    Participant

Free Basic

Hi, my name is John and I am studying for the IASSC Black Belt Exam. I took the SimpliLearn BB course and passed their exam. I now want to move on and pass the IASSC ICBB exam for more recognition worldwide.

Thanks for creating this site! A lot of great information here. This site is exactly what I am looking for – how to pass the IASSC BB exam. I’ve lead a lot of Lean Six Sigma projects, but I always have been able to look up the formulas/charts and use Excel. Memorizing what to use when will be my challenge.

I was trying to get started and use the sample exam engine noted here: http://www.sixsigmastudyguide.com/six-sigma-practice-exams/

But I do not get the screen to select the exam I want to practice (as noted in the HOW TO GET STARTED section). I am using the links just above this section right now.

Thanks !!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments on this entry are closed.